12 April 2022
2 minutes study
The types of viruses that appear on Flash are actually very diverse, including shortcut viruses, malware, and so on.
The emergence of these different viruses can damage the performance or even the flash operating system, for this purpose we need a way to get rid of the virus on the flash easily and does not require many steps.
It can be said that it is easy to remove different types of viruses, different ways can be chosen because removing viruses in flash memory is not just a method.
One of the viruses that is commonly encountered when using this storage medium Virus shortcutIn short, Flash is infected with a virus imported from other media such as computers.
How to remove Shortcut virus in Flashdisk
Depending on the extent of the virus, it may be easy or difficult to get rid of it.
However, in some cases, people spend a lot of time scanning for viruses, such as scans.
Here are some steps you can take to get rid of the virus shortcut on your flash drive:
- Install or connect Flashdisk to your computer, then open Flashdisk.
- Then click organize And select the Folder and search option.
- Activate if you have already logged in Show hidden files، FoldersAnd Drives. Then click Cancel checklist On features Hide protected operating system files (recommended).
- Click if a warning appears indicating that you agree to delete the file Yeah On the available options
- In general, folders hidden by viruses reappear in a semi-hidden state but are visible.
- To normalize this mode, do this by opening the CMD (Command Prompt). Then type where Flashdisk is located.
- The next step is typing attrib -s -r -h / s / d Then press CMD Enter.
- After that, check the flash used, check all the folders to see if they are back to normal. If it has been before, Delete the folder Which is trivial and strange.
This method is not the only method that can be used to get rid of the virus in Flashdisk.
Here are some ways that you can use not only to remove shortcut viruses but also malware and other viruses.
In addition, the steps to be taken are of course very familiar to users of devices such as laptops and computers.
How to remove a virus on a flash drive using CMD
Command Prompt or CMD is certainly not an external term for users of PCs and laptops or PCs.
This is a default program of Windows with a function to execute specific commands. Like one of them is used to remove viruses in Flashdisk, especially dangerous viruses.
Like a virus that runs the risk of altering the existence of a file and causing the file to not open as it should.
The steps to be done are not complicated either, here are some steps you can take to get rid of the virus in Flashdisk using the built-in Command Prompt features.
- Enter Command Prompt, how to enter the search field and type CMD It opened immediately.
- Then type the flash drive in the G folder, for example, and then press Enter to enter the Flashdisk.
- If so, enter the command in writing attrib -s -h -r -a *. * s / s / Then click Enter And a folder of invisible storage media opens.
- After that, you can delete the file that is suspected to be infected in Flashdisk. Shift + Del Or via CMD with the del command virusname.exe.
How to get rid of virus on flash drive using Smadav
If you do not use an antivirus that acts as a cleaner for unknown programs in Flashdisk, you will certainly not be talking about viruses.
Smadav is an antivirus program that many people rely on and should be used as a base when a computer is attacked by a virus. How to do it is relatively easy and not complicated
- After installing the Smadav program, restart the computer; if Flashdisk is connected, wait for the storage media to be read.
- Right-click on Flashdisk Drive, then select Scan With Smadav, and then just wait for the program process to clear to remove the existing viruses.
Overcome viruses that are not erased on flash drives
- The first step is to turn off the autoplay by clicking first Windows + RType gpedit.msc And go to Office templateThen open Windows components And select Autoplay policies. In the menu on the right, click Turn off auto play Then switch to Yeah.
- Next Disable system recoveryRight-click on This computer (Computer), then click System protection It is located on the left side of the menu column. Then click Configure And Disable recovery point.
- The last step is to open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + EscLook for a process that is not detected, and then select it end of work.