Some people may already know what VGA is. VGA is a device that is installed on the CPU and is useful in terms of visual processing, which is later displayed on the monitor.
If the PC VGA device can be installed and removed like RAM, but to use a laptop or notebook device you must use an external VGA laptop.
Advantages of External VGA for Laptops
When you upgrade your VGA laptop by adding this external VGA, there are sure to be some useful changes in your laptop.
Various things that you could not feel before can be seen and enjoyed after using this hardware device. For that, here are some benefits of using external VGA on a laptop.
- Of course, the first thing that definitely changes is the graphical display of the image that appears on your laptop monitor. If it used to look less obvious, you can use this external VGA to solve the problem.
- In addition, the performance of Rome will be excellent. You should know that using VGA on board takes up a few percent of RAM capacity. So make sure Rome does not work well. With this external VGA, your laptop’s RAM capacity will be intact again.
- If your laptop used to be slow or could not even be used to open applications that require great graphics, there is no need to worry. With this external VGA, a variety of applications that require high graphics, such as design applications, run smoothly.
- Not only graphics programs, etc., even large games can be shredded using an external VGA on this laptop. So you no longer need to procrastinate to install the latest games on your laptop.
How to choose a good and correct external VGA laptop
After knowing some of the benefits of using external VGA on this laptop, it will definitely make you immediately use external VGA on your used laptop.
But before you buy, there are tips and methods to choose a good and correct external VGA so that no mistakes happen. For that, here is an explanation.
- The first thing to consider is not the external VGA brand, but the GPU. This GPU is the most important part of working in VGA.
- Next, take a look at the number of graphics card cores. The more cores in a GPU, the more tasks or activities can be performed simultaneously to speed it up.
- Then choose a VGA with a small amount of TDP or a small amount of energy required. The higher the TDP, the higher the thermal capacity of this VGA, of course. So, it is good if you choose VGA with small TDP.
- Then look at the type of memory. There are several types of VGA, namely GDDR2, GDDR3, GDDR4, GDDR5 and GDDR5X. When viewed from a sequence, the highest number has the power to think faster.
- In addition, you should pay attention to the VGA bandwidth you want to buy. This bandwidth is the amount of data that can be accessed by the GPU at a time. So it is better to choose VGA with more bandwidth.
- The last and most important thing is the VGA setting that you want to buy with the capital you have. This will give you a good VGA without the hassle.
How to install external VGA on a laptop
If you have found an external VGA on a suitable laptop, the next step is to install it.
If you do not know how to install this external VGA, you do not need to worry anymore. Here are some steps you can take to prevent installation errors.
- The first step is to turn on the laptop.
- When the laptop is normally turned on, you should put the laptop to sleep or standby.
- Then prepare the EXP GDC module, then connect the 8-pin cable from PSU AT / ATX.
- Then connect the Express card or mini PCIe cable to the EXD GDC module.
- Then connect the power cable to the EXP module.
- Connect the desktop GPU and the power cord to the desktop GPU.
- Connect the cable to the Express card or mini PCIe unit of the laptop.
- Then connect the Express Card Adapter, VGA Card and Power Cable to the supplied PCIe slot.
- Connect the other end of the power supply cable from the PCIe adapter to the power supply of the desktop computer.
- Then connect the external graphics card port to the LCD.
- The next step is to connect the Express Card Adapter to the laptop Express Card slot.
- Finally, you just need to adjust the display output settings on the side of the laptop.
With the external VGA of this laptop, your laptop, which previously used only VGA on the board, will have features like external VGA on a PC. Various programs that can not be opened will also be running.