Windows 10 has its own protection or protection for its users by providing antivirus features in the form of Windows Defender.
This default antivirus is actually the same as other antivirus on the market.
However, sometimes we have to turn off the antivirus for certain purposes.
Here are some ways to turn off Windows 10 Antivirus, namely Windows Defender.
But before you know more, you should first know how to turn off the other antivirus:
How to disable Avast Antivirus
Avast Antivirus is one of the most popular antiviruses that many people use.
Antivirus developed by a company in the Czech Republic is the first Windows x64 antivirus.
When Avast detects that your computer has been compromised by a suspicious file, it sends a notification to its users via a distinctive notification sound.
- To turn off Avast Antivirus on your laptop, first open it Avast programVia the desktop or by clicking on the Avast logo in the system tray.
- Then right-click, select Options Avast Shield Control
- Then a new window will appear containing several options for turning off Avast. Some of these options include: turning off Avast for 10 minutes, turning off Avast for 1 hour, turning off until your PC or laptop restarts, turning off the fans permanently.
- Choose the option that suits your needs. If you want to turn off the antivirus to install a program, turn it off for 10 minutes or an hour.
How to turn off AVG
AVG is also one of the booming antivirus until 2019. The history of AVG has been around for a long time, so it is very well known and it is also free to access.
However, AVG also often detects the program that we want to install as a threat, so we need to temporarily turn off AVG antivirus.
- You must click on the icon to disable AVG AVG Which is in the Windows system tray, which is usually located in the lower right corner.
- Right-click on the icon and then select an option Temporarily disable AVG Protection Or temporarily disable the antivirus.
- Then select the option how long it takes to disable AVG
How to disable Windows 10 Avira Antivirus?
Antivirus with red umbrella logo has also been popular for a long time. Its users are also numerous because it is known as a reliable antivirus that is able to overcome all kinds of viruses and threats that attack your laptop or PC.
To disable Avira functionality, do the following:
- Return the cursor to the system tray in your Windows to find the icon Avira With the red umbrella logo, the antivirus usually connects automatically to the tray of your PC or laptop after installation.
- Then right-click on the red Umbrella logo Remove the check mark On the option “Enable real-time protection”
- Avira then temporarily turns off protection on your PC or laptop.
- If you want to re-enable it, click it again until a check mark appears in the option.Enable real time”
How to turn off Windows Defender Windows 10
- First, open the Windows Defender antivirus program by clicking on the Start menu and then typing Windows Defender in the column provided. Click on search results Windows Defender
- After opening Windows Defender, select the Virus and Threat Protection option
- Then click Virus and threat protection settings
- The virus protection and threat settings window then opens. There, you have to turn off all protection. Move the on-screen key from the on position to the position Off. Make sure it is lit in blue, then turned off in white.
- Done, then Windows Defender was successfully disabled. To register, to reactivate, you must re-access the virus and protection settings, then drag the key to the on position.
Turn off Windows Defender Windows 10 through the Registry Editor
- The second way to turn off Windows Defender is a little hassle-free, meaning you need to know the command through the Registry Editor menu. However, the following steps can still be done:
- Open the menu Registry Editor Or Regedit which you can find by clicking Start menuThen search by keyword Regedit. Click on the search result that appears, Regedit.
- Enter the Regedit window, then there are several choices of directory locations. Select a directoryHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ SecurityHealthService
- Well, then double-click on the named file startThen Change the value dataBecomes 4.
- Click Good To continue the process
- Done, Windows Defender is no longer active on your computer.
- The last step is to restart your computer or laptop to see if your Windows Defender is still running.
There are several ways to turn off antivirus in Windows 10. We hope the above training can help you solve the problem.
Good luck and I hope it is useful!