MAC Address stands for Media Access Control on a personal computer or laptop, the identity or address of a device (physical address) to communicate or connect to a network.
Usually the MAC address has a 12-digit number that is divided into 6 parts (so each part has two numbers).
Here are some ways to view the MAC address of your laptop or mobile phone:
How to view Windows 7 laptop MAC address
- First, go to the Run menu in the Start menu by clicking the button Start menu Then type Run, Then click on run program. Or with a shortcut you can click the button at the same time Windows Keyboard and letters R
- Then a Run window will open, then type CMDClick Enter
- A CMD or Command Prompt window appears with a black background. Then you type “ipconfig / all “Press Enter
- After that, different information will appear in all the MAC addresses connected to your PC. The MAC address in the information can be identified by the physical address information. You will see 3 physical addresses there.
In addition to the above method, you can view the MAC address of the laptop in another way, namely through the control panel menu, which is also available in Windows.
Consider the following steps:
- Open the control panel, how to click on the menu startThen select Control panel
- When the control panel window opens, select Network and Sharing Center.
- Notice the tab on the left, then click “Menu”.Change the adapter settings”
- The network appears on your laptop. Right-click on the network name and select Condition.
- Then the status will appear on the network, select “the details”
- Well, so far, then you can see the MAC Address and various information about the network. The MAC address can be seen in the description that reads the physical address.
View the MAC address on a Windows 10 laptop
These are the two methods that can be applied to Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, which are versions of Windows that are often personal.
While for the latest Windows, Windows 10, there is a separate way to view the MAC Address.
Here are the steps:
- When you see the MAC Address in Windows 10, you must first enter the settings menu. Click start Menu, then select Settings
- Enter the settings window, then select the option Network and Internet
- Then in the next step, enter the Network and Internet window and click Cable LAN (To find the MAC LAN address) or WiFi (To find the Wi-Fi MAC address) on the left tab.
- Then in the tab on the right, click Options Hardware features
- Then a new window will appear containing various information about the network card and internet connection you are using. The MAC address can also be viewed by explaining the Phsyscal address.
View the MAC address using the software guide
If you think the above method is still very complicated, you can also use software help.
This method is certainly more practical because it does not take long to find the MAC address.
One of the most commonly used software is MAC Address Scanner, so follow these steps:
- If you do not have MAC Address Scanner softwareFirst download it and install it on your laptop.
- Once installed, run the program
- The MAC Address Scanner window then appears. There are two options Scan That is, Single Host and Network, which means Single Host for your local computer or laptop, while Network Is a personal computer or laptop that is on a network. Then log in IP range of the address array used. Click Start the scan
- Then different blue Mac addresses will appear and a notification will read “Successfully found MAC addresss “
How to view MAC address on Android / iPhone device
In addition to laptops and PCs, you can also view the MAC address on your Android phone.
You can view this information through the phone menu in Settings.
Here are the steps to open it:
- Go to the settings menu of your Android device by clicking on the gear icon or direct click Settings In the main menu
- Then in the settings window, select the option About Phone Or about the phone
- Then click the option Condition.
- Then various information about your HP Android device will appear. Including MAC Address which reads MAC Wi-Fi address. Or if you click Status, there is still a choice between SIM1 status, SIM2 status and Others, then tap Others To see the MAC address
In addition, for phones with iOS or iPhone operating system, you must follow the following steps:
- The MAC address is accessible through the settings menu, then click on the menu Settings
- Then select the option General
- Then select About or About
- Then the information about the Wi-Fi network is visible. Then this is the MAC address on your iPhone.
Yes, there are several ways to check the MAC address of your laptop or mobile that you can practice yourself.
Good luck and I hope it is useful. Greetings to Axi Techno!