It can be said that a laptop is an essential tool, especially for you who work as an employee and a student.
Of course, you often encounter problems in using this laptop, one of which is a completely dead laptop.
Therefore, you should get information about a completely dead laptop as follows.
Causes of complete death of laptops
When your laptop has a problem in the form of total death, of course, various factors cause the problem.
As trivial as they may seem, the little things you may not realize can cause problems that are quite dangerous.
To do this, there are immediately below some common causes of dead problems on laptops that you need to know.
- The first thing that can completely destroy a laptop is a battery problem. problem with Battery Which can not supply power from the adapter, but can be a hindrance when the laptop is about to turn on.
- In addition, the problem with Power supply The same can happen with your laptop. A malfunctioning power supply destabilizes the power distribution. This instability causes the laptop components to be damaged.
- Another reason that can make your laptop completely dead is why RAM. However, you can usually diagnose problems with this RAM only with the laptop screen not turning on.
- In addition to Rome, there is a problem VGA It can also cause the laptop to shut down. This is because VGA is a piece that displays images on your laptop.
- Damage to Adapter From your laptop can also be the cause of the whole laptop. When the laptop runs out of power and the adapter can not supply power, it will certainly cause your laptop to not turn on.
- This is the last thing that could be the cause of this problem Processor. As you know, this processor is the brain of the laptop. So if this processor has a problem, it certainly can not execute commands on other components of the laptop.
How to Repair a Completely Dead Laptop
After knowing some of the reasons for a completely dead laptop above, of course, you can check out the parts that may be problematic.
If you think you can do the repair yourself, here are a few steps you can take to avoid making a mistake.
- The first step is to make sure your laptop battery and charger are installed correctly. Then try turning on the laptop.
- If the laptop still does not turn on, you can replace the battery or other adapter that is in good condition.
- In addition, you can try to remove the battery and use only the adapter as the power supply of this laptop.
- If it still does not turn on, try plugging the charger into another socket or hole.
- If this problem persists, you can remove the used battery and adapter.
- After that, press the power button on the laptop for about 30 seconds. Its purpose is to drain the power on the laptop.
- Then reinstall the adapter and battery and reconnect to the socket.
- Last step, restart the laptop as usual.
- You should know that this is a way to turn on a completely dead laptop from Acer or other brands other than the MacBook. Therefore, if you are using a Macbook, you can not perform the above steps.
The laptop is completely dead, but the charger indicator light is on
In addition to the fact that the laptop is in a completely dead state, a small number of laptop users experience problems when the laptop is turned off, but the indicator light can be turned on.
This usually happens due to external factors of the laptop itself. If you have experienced such problems, here is how to deal with it.
- Try first Hard reset On laptops, this hard reset is the method described earlier, by draining the power on the laptop you are using.
- If this hard reset method does not work, you can try Unplug the battery Use the laptop and only the adapter as power support. You can also try another adapter that has the same voltage as the laptop’s main adapter.
- Then check the RAM part. You need Remove the RAM Use and clean it with a rubber cleaner. Then reinstall the RAM and try turning on your laptop again.
- If it does not work, you can use External monitor And connect it to your laptop. If the external monitor screen turns on, this is due to a damaged or faulty LCD screen on your laptop.
Knowing the cause of complete laptop death and how to fix it will definitely increase your efficiency.
This is because you do not need to take your used laptop to a laptop repair shop, which is usually relatively expensive.